Thursday 14 March 2013

What Is A Cover Letter For A Resume Look Like

What Is A Cover Letter For A Resume Look Like


For the last four months of school I applied to all the position I could find open related to my major. I looked for a sample cover letter for a student and the letter below resembles what I found. As you can see it's very generic and says very little about me, my desire for the job or any qualification and strengths I can bring to the organization. The points above are what you want your cover letter to cover. The sample below does none of the above. As you can see this is a sample cover letter for students to customize and not just pick up and use. The letter below is what you want to avoid, especially when you're new to the job market. You need a letter that does a great job at selling the strengths you have. The letter below is boring to read and offers very little on what your qualifications are. You want to sell your resume on your cover letter. Your nameYour AddressCity, State, Zip codePhone #EmailDateEmployer's nameCompanyAddressCity, State, Zip codeDear Mr. / Ms. Last Name,In response to your advertisement dated 10th of October 2009 on the NY times newspaper or website regarding the position of ______. I am applying for the available position. I believe I am ideal for the post.I'm very punctual and hard working, reliable and dedicated. When I'm done with my graduation from NYU with satisfactory remarks, I believe I will be a top candidate for the position. I'm looking for a full time position in your company or organization.I'm requesting an interview with you regarding this particular opening I would greatly appreciate a response to my application. Please let me know via the email above if there is any other information you need. Thank you for your consideration for the position.Sincerely,Your signatureYour NameIt certainly is better than nothing but this day in age. Most employers take a close look at the cover letter to filter the large number of applicants they usually have. If you're using a letter that looks like this sample cover letter for a student you run the risk of just getting filed away and be passed up, not for being a student but for not doing enough for them to see potential in you. You already know that your resume won't stand out with experience so sell them on other attributes you possess.




what is a cover letter for a resume look like


Republished by Blog Post Promoter


What Is A Cover Letter For A Resume Look Like is a post from: Amazing Cover Letter For Job Application






Find out more: What Is A Cover Letter For A Resume Look Like

No comments:

Post a Comment