Tuesday 26 March 2013

How To Write A Cover Letter For A Job Application

How To Write A Cover Letter For A Job Application


I looked into how to write a cover letter for a job application to try and stand out from other applicant to the same job. Yet I didn't really know how to go about it. Most times a letter is included with a resume. Many jobs that I was applying for at that time didn't ask for a resume. They simply asked me to fill out an application. Something I started doing in these situations was to include a cover letter, a simple one, with my application. Looking online I found many good resources but I didn't want to turn in a cover letter that looked generic or over used. My plan of action at that time was to get a job as soon as I could. I had a car payment and I didn't want to damage my credit or the credit of my cosigner on the note. Aka my dad, I would never hear the end of it if I did. I included a letter with every application I submitted and though many of the jobs I applied for weren't high lever positions. Most managers and human resources personnel acknowledged and appreciated the letter. I wasn't looking to impress anyone. I just really needed a job. This is what I started to put on my letter. I took initiative with my letter and thought it wasn't as elaborate as the resume cover letters that I read over with the software I purchased. I did include paint a picture to the reader where I was diligent with my work and my desire to grow in the company and move up in the company. I included any and all information on my letter that I felt would help me. For example, I had participated in a work study program recently and I made sure to put how well I was able to blend with my peers. I also made sure to point out my fluency in Spanish and the fact that I was well versed in computers. Most jobs now require some computer work and I wanted to make sure I was proficient in most programs. I did land a job soon after I started to include a cover letter with my job application. I did notice a difference in the number of call back I receive and I was even offered better positions than what I had initially applied for. I would say that anyone looking for a job, resume required or not, should always have a cover letter accompany their application.




how to write a cover letter for a job application


Republished by Blog Post Promoter


How To Write A Cover Letter For A Job Application is a post from: Amazing Cover Letter For Job Application






Find out more: How To Write A Cover Letter For A Job Application

No comments:

Post a Comment